Saturday, July 30, 2016

Being a light for another





This is the quote I selected for the beginning of Chapter 6 of my book: Look up, move forward. Turning in my driver's license was looming. As a mom with two young children, the concerns of this life change felt overwhelming for both Steve and me. Friends came knocking at the door to let us know they would be there for us. A carpool list was arranged and suddenly this loss seemed manageable. They gave me some of their light to help me in this dark, difficult time. Who has given you light in a difficult time? Who has been there for you? Listened to you - laughed with you - cheered you on - reminded you could do it --Take a moment and write them a thank you letter. You will be glad you did and they will love to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment