Monday, May 20, 2019

Sense of Humor in our Resilience

Sense of Humor in our Resilience

I remember the first time I could laugh about something funny about my blindness. Steve and I were at the video store - I had wandered off to another isle and then gone back to who I thought was him and was being a little flirty. Only problem was ... it wasn't him! Okay yikes! After I recovered from my embarrassment, found Steve and we got in the car we laughed about this embarrassing now funny experience. Below is one of those other funny embarrassing moments.  I had to think for a few moments to remember what the actual embarrassing experience was as the memory I hold dear is the three of us laughing hysterically.  Let's do it again, girls!  (I didn't realize it but I was bringing another man into the picture (not realizing it was a stranger :)).  Poor guy!
This is a great article on Sense of Humor Tips.  It starts with a smile!  I remember when I started using the cane and felt like people were looking at me.  I decided to simply smile back. This has become such a habit now for years ... I always greet someone with a smile.   I recognized that it felt great and also was helping my awkwardness be replaced with connecting with others.

I hope you have had a good laugh today - finding something a little funny in your Resilience Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment