Sunday, July 9, 2017

Growing


I recently heard this quote and it has been resonating with me .. Grow through what you go through.  

How am I to grow at this time?  What do I need to learn?  What is next for me?  

I am transitioning from "a little useable not really accurate eyesight" :) to no eyesight.    

As I tell clients ... be curious with the process and don't rush it.  I'm trying to be open to growth.  

As I've become curious, I've learned that I love to create -- the building process of a business:  Resilient Solutions, Inc.  It is now 11 1/2 years old and busy and thriving.  One of my favorite parts of this business now is helping new therapists build and create their practice.  

I have had times of seeing 30 clients in a week and times of cutting back to manage the office more.  I have had times of expanding my learning and being trained in various modalities most recently EMDR.  I have had times of doing a lot of public speaking.  I have had times of the opportunities to promote my book and share with large and small groups.  I am grateful for the many opportunities that have been mine.  I recognize I am in a space now of creating a next chapter of all of the above. 

I will be going to the Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired in a few weeks to take classes on the computer and increase my braille proficiency.  I will be juggling those classes with a busy business, growing non-profit (www.oasiscenterforhope.com) and preparing for running the Boston Marathon in April.  I am feeling grateful, vulnerable, some grief, and courageous.  

Personally, I am grateful to have a wonderful husband -- celebrating 33 years in a couple weeks and two incredible kind, good children.  I am grateful to have parents who have always believed in me and encouraged me to love, give back and that I was enough.  My dad is fighting cancer and I am grateful for the incredible example him and my mom are to me in my life.  

Perhaps growing through what we go through is what helps us keep looking up and moving forward.    

1 comment:

  1. May all your pursuits -- from increasing your proficiency in Braille to preparing for the amazing Boston marathon -- bring you hope and joy. Your Dad is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete