Thursday, August 10, 2017

Reflections ...

Reflecting this morning and simply grateful for the many possibilities, opportunities, experiences, wonderful people that are in my life.   

I  finalize preparations for nine women, who are all blind, to come to a retreat:  Daring to Own Your Story (www.oasiscenterforhope.com for details) in our home tonight.  They are travelling here from across the country.  This is our fourth retreat and I am so very grateful for these women that have been so brave to show up and truly Dare to Own Their Story.  

I have marked my calendar for September 11th -- the day I can sign up for the Boston Marathon.  So excited to qualify again and run with my friend/guide Alanna.  It will be an amazing experience.    


Grateful for the opportunity to keep growing, stretching and climbing higher than I thought I could.  This picture is the 35-foot climbing wall at the National Abilty Center.  I am the one climbing and already on the ledge are 9 women from our last retreat -- all blind giving me the courage to do it!!

Courage is contagious.  Love this message.  Grateful for all who set the example of showing up and being brave.  
And sometimes life is hard.  I had a shot in my eye last month and another one to come on Tuesday.  As I reflect on this day, yes it was painful - oh so painful for the day ...  yet what was beautiful about the day was ... Steve and Natalie, our daughter, was in town and cheering me on -- didn't realize til after she had taken a picture of the moment!  It was Natalie's last day in Utah so we also drove up to Park City to try a fun new restaurant (I rode up in the back seat lying on the seat nauseous) and then such a wonderful evening together with our son, too.  As I reflect on this day .. the joy and beauty of the day are much much bigger than the pain.     

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive, and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style -- Maya Angelou.

What makes you thrive?  Would love to hear from you ... 
follow me on Instagram @becky__andrews, facebook:  becky peterson andrews and my new website which gives updates on speaking, retreats, classes, book events is:  www.beckyandrews.info

I'm also thrilled that my book is now available in Large Print.  It is available in Audio through the Library for the Blind and Bookshare.  Regular Print in Amazon and some local bookstores and kindle and nook.  


No comments:

Post a Comment