Saturday, December 10, 2016

Marathon Run Dedicated to my Dad

As I put my race gear out for the morning, feel so much gratitude. Grateful for remarkable friends that run as my guides. Hard to put those thoughts into words. You are remarkable Alanna and such an example to me of courage, love, and service. (If you've read my book - Look up, move forward, this is the amazing Alanna I am running with tomorrow!).
We have planned and prepared and will show up and do our best. The weather outlook is scheduled to be beautiful and it's a nice course.
Each marathon has a story and a lesson learned and memories made for me. This is marathon #8.
This, the CIM marathon, is dedicated to my dad. He's running the marathon of cancer. It's not a marathon you sign up to do yet he continues to fight and share his gratitude and sense of humor. He is such an amazing example to me. He has always believed in me, makes me laugh, is such an example of optimism, kindness, goodness, and love. Some of my very first memories of running are with my dad.
When it gets hard tomorrow, I'm going to think of you dad. We can do hard things. When it is beautiful and fun. I'm going to think of you. We appreciate the beauty and joy in the day. When something is funny, I will think of you dad. We love to laugh together. When those last few miles seem like much more, I'll think of your optimism and belief in me and know that I can do it one step at a time. We will both keep on fighting one step at a time. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
My shoes have tags on that say:
Life is a marathon not a sprint
Look up, move forward

Update:  We qualified for the Boston Marathon!!  Throughout the run I found myself reflecting on my dad a lot.  Dig deep was a frequent thought when it got tough.  Visualizing once again the amazing starting line of the Boston Marathon.  Singing the words to Sweet Caroline in my mind as I remembered this song playing the last time I was at the Boston Marathon.



The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.  CC Scott

Much love to my parents in this difficult marathon and love to all reading this in your tough marathons.  

Cheering you on!!  You got this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment